US Silver Coin Prices & Melt Values
This app details exact silver coin prices down to the penny, these values are the result of taking the current spot price for silver and multiplying it by the silver content in the coin. US coins only sorry.
The term "melt value" does not imply the melting of the coin, it's a definition of the coins intrinsic value or worth.
- Kennedy Half Dollar 1965-1970 (40%) .1479 oz of silver $3.1
- Kennedy Half Dollar 1964 (90%) .3617 oz of silver $7.57
- Ben Franklin Half Dollar 1948-1963 (90%) .3617 oz of silver $7.57
- Walking Liberty Half Dollar 1916-1947 (90%) .3617 oz of silver $7.57
- Barber Half Dollar 1892 to 1915 (90%) .3617 of silver $7.57
- Mercury Dime 1916-1945 (90%) .0723 oz of silver $1.51
- Roosevelt Dime 1946-1964 (90%) .0723 oz of silver $1.51
- Barber Dime 1892-1916 (90%) .0723 oz of silver $1.51
- Washington Quarter 1962-1964 (90%) .1808 oz of silver $3.79
- War Nickel 1942-1945 (35%) .0563 oz of silver $1.18
- Morgan Dollar 1878-1921 (90%) .7735 oz of silver $16.2
- Peace Dollar 1921-1935 (90%) .7735 oz of silver $16.2
- Ike Dollar 1971-1976 (40%) .3162 oz of silver $6.62
- Troy Ounce vs Ounce-the difference between a Troy Ounce, and a standard ounce?
- Silver Coin Calculator-Enter the face value of bag of coins, a roll of coins, or even an individual coin to get the total melt value.
- 5 Ways to Find Junk Silver-Get your silver fix for a reasonable price
- Silver Prices Today-Get the current silver spot price updated every 15 minutes.
- Is my coin Silver?-Use our online handy dandy silver coin detector to see if the coin you are viewing contains silver or not.
- Coin Collecting Investment-Investing in a coin collection
Silver Spot Price Chart
Display on your website!
Copy the html above to display the graph on your website!
* Notice as of December 2006 it is illegal to melt down US Minted Pennies and Nickels, and there is a $10,000 fine to help enforce the law. It is legal however to melt down silver dollars, half dollars, dimes, quarters for their content.