- Year: 1894
- Mint Mark: O
- Type: Morgan Silver Dollar
- Price: $65.00-$45000.00
- Face Value: 1.00 USD
- Produced: 1,723,000
- Edge: Reeded
- Silver Content: 90%
- Silver Weight: .7735 oz.
- Melt Value: $15.35
Notes: The (o) New Orleans mint issued more than 55% of all the 1894 Morgan Silver Dollars. The other 2 mints issued the other 45%. Morgans are 90% silver. Very few 1894 O Morgan Dollars were issued relative to other mintage years. MS-65 version are selling for around $40,000.
How much is a 1894 O Morgan Silver Dollar worth?
This section is more of a layman's guide, for those new to collecting.
In Average Circulated (AC) condition it's worth around $65.00, one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $45,000 at auction. This price does not reference any standard coin grading scale. So when we say Average Circulated, we mean in a similar condition to other coins circulated in 1894, and mint state meaning it is certified MS+ by one of the top coin grading companies. *** [?].
If you are a fan of coin roll hunting or just want to learn more about morgan silver dollars then search or scroll below to find the most valuable and rarest in this series.
Overall Specs & Design
This coin has a total mass of 26.73 g, a diameter of 1.5 in, and a thickness of 2.4 mm. It's edge is Reeded, and the coins are composed of 90.0% Silver & 10.0% Copper.
Front (Obverse): Profile view of Lady Liberty looking to the left. The words "E Pluribus Unum" that translates to "Out of Many, One" referring to the many states that make the country the United States. The date is located at the center bottom. 13 stars circle the coin adjacent to the lettering. These represent the original 13 colonies.
Back (Reverse): The reverse is a bald eagle clasping arrows and an olive branch in its claws. This represents peace and war, as the United States is capable of both. The eagle's wings are spread out and it too is glancing to the left. The words "In God We Trust", "United States of America", and "One Dollar" are all present on the reverse as well.
The most valuable Morgan Silver Dollar's. Prices listed are for MS-65 certified. Visit the link to learn more about each coin.
|Sign In or Register to see all content.|
Want more? Click here to see the most valuable coins ever minted.
Hardest to Find
The rarest and hardest to find Morgan Silver Dollar's Check out each link to learn more about each coin.
What is the rarest Morgan Silver Dollar?
Are 1894 O Morgan Silver Dollars Silver?
Yes! Morgan Dollar's produced in 1894 are 90% silver to be precise, and contain .7735 troy oz or 24.05 grams in total of .999 pure silver. Silver weight is measured in troy ounces. Troy ounces weigh about 2 grams more than the standard ounce. CoinTrackers has built a tool that will let you know if your coin is silver or not. The tool is called Is My Coin Silver?.
Numismatic vs Intrinsic Value:
This coin in poor condition is still worth $49.65 more than the intrinsic value from silver content of $15.35, this coin is thus more valuable to a collector than to a silver bug. Coins worth more to a collectors may be a better long term investment. If the metal prices drop you will still have a coin that a numismatic would want to buy.
Current silver melt value* for a 1883 CC Morgan Silver Dollar is $15.35 and this price is based off the current silver spot price of $19.84 This value is dynamic so bookmark it and comeback for an up to the minute silver melt value.
***Price subject to standard supply and demand laws, dealer premiums, and other market variations. Prices represent past values fetched at online auctions, estate sales, certified coins being sold by dealers, and user submitted values. While we wholeheartedly try to give honest price estimates there are many factors besides appearance, metal content, and rarity that help make up the coins overall value. Call or visit your local coin dealer for more information.
We use user submitted pictures please read that article if you are interested in adding your own.