Full steps is the standard when looking at the reverse. All lines present and clean are what you should look for when buying and selling.
Did you know?
During World War II from 1942 to 1945 this coin's composition was 35% silver. The other roughly 65% was a mixture of mostly copper and some manganese. Learn more about War Nickels.
2000 Nickel Errors
The year 2000 had no specific named errors. Random errors can include die cracks, double strikes, off-center strikes, or clipped planchets, among others.
What is a 2000 nickel made out of?
Cupronickel, an alloy of copper that contains nickel to strengthen the coin. 75% copper and 25% nickel
Are nickels made of 100% nickel?
They are not. They are a blend of 75% copper and 25% nickel.
2000 Nickel Error Guide
This section is more for experienced collectors only, and rates refer only to professionally graded and slabbed coins. If you are new to collecting the prices below may not make much sense.
Breakdown of pricing per condition for 2000 S Jefferson Nickel Proof as follows.
- Grade PR69 = $11-$19
- Grade PR70 = $23-$38
Is the list above a little overwhelming? If so, take 5 minutes to learn all about Coin Grading.
It's also important to note...Prices are subject to the same supply and demand laws as everything else. Coins sold at the same auction house 10x, would fetch drastically different bids each session. To raise your chances of receiving top dollar read How to Get the Most for your Coins.
We've personally researched these values. If you enjoy our content please return the favor and share this page with your friends.
How much is a 2000 S Jefferson Nickel Proof worth?
In Average Circulated (AC) condition it's worth around 5 cents, one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $28 at auction. This price does not reference any standard coin grading scale. So when we say Average Circulated, we mean in a similar condition to other coins circulated in 2000, and mint state meaning it is certified MS+ by one of the top coin grading companies. *** [?].
What are your coins really worth?
Use the handy-dandy calculator below to find the real value of any jefferson nickel in your collection.
Overall Specs & Design
This coin has a total mass of 5 g, a diameter of 21.21 mm, and a thickness of 1.95 mm. It's edge is smooth, and the coins are composed of 75% copper and 25% nickel.
Designer: Felix Schlag
Front (Obverse): The front of this coin has the bust of Thomas Jefferson featured front and center. The words IN GOD WE TRUST are on the left most portion, with the word LIBERTY on the right just above the date. If a mint mark is present it will be just below the date.
Back (Reverse): The reverse features the Monticello located in Albemarle County, VA. The Monticello was the long time home of Jefferson. The words E PLUIRIBUS UNUM, meaning out of many one are draped across the top, while the words FIVE CENTS, and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are featured on the bottom.
The most valuable Jefferson Nickel's. Prices listed are for MS-65 certified. Visit the link to learn more about each coin.
|Sign In or Register to see all content.|
Want more? Click here to see the most valuable coins ever minted.
Hard to Find
What is the rarest Jefferson Nickel?
***Price subject to standard supply and demand laws, dealer premiums, and other market variations. Prices represent past values fetched at online auctions, estate sales, certified coins being sold by dealers, and user submitted values. While we wholeheartedly try to give honest price estimates there are many factors besides appearance, metal content, and rarity that help make up the coins overall value. Call or visit your local coin dealer for more information.
We use user submitted pictures please read that article if you are interested in adding your own.